Monday, January 12, 2015

If I Go Straight

01-12-1015-If I Go Straight by Teri H Hoover©
Link to: Sunday Whirl- #195 and Heart Macro #86- Shine the Divine


 
 Cascade Trail, Pembroke, VA

The story is not new.  I write words of wondering every once in a while. I muse along, wandering. I may find a point to share - or I may just be grateful. This will be a place holder for today. If I go straight with intention I will find myself in just this place. It is the intention within the faulty prayer I pray. I am consoled in my moments of awkward searching. My intentions are made straight with Gods grace. My mind wonders, I wander. But in  this intention I go forward with grace. I repeat myself. With so many words. The curves I love, wind around me embracing this heart. It must be winter again.


 Lichen Hearts
Cascade Trail, Pembroke, VA



I do not capitulate myself to an inky channel. Rather I render myself free. I am not listless; appearances deceive. I am only bobbing up and down on the nearly frozen water.  A single leaf  with an invisible anchor.  Smudged into a layer of  lethargy and resigned to the ennui of winter, where the smell of life is remembered. To generate a thought the heart must first hear more than silence. If I go straight there will beginnings after this ends. 

 
A list of words from the Sunday Whirl #195-  
https://sundaywhirl.files.wordpress.com/2015/01/195.jpg

4 comments:

  1. The line beginning with "Smudged into a layer of lethargy...." is so evocative. I can feel the season in my bones....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankfully I feel less lethargic than those words. Happy New Year to You!!!! xo Teri

      Delete
  2. To remember the sun in the winter we must create our own warmth anyway we can.
    I think though that any prayer offered is pure and above any fault.

    I wordled with a different set. Playing with fiction. You might enjoy:
    https://julesinflashyfiction.wordpress.com/2015/01/12/jinn-and-tonic-no-fast-food-1-12/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jules- Your insight is wonderful. My prayers indeed are above fault- but my receptors are a bit smudged. Not too badly- but it is winter after all. Happy New Year to you!! Teri

      Delete

Comments are welcome and appreciated, thanks so much for stopping by.