Saturday, September 21, 2013

Three Memories Constricted

Three 
interwoven stories flounder on separate shores.
A rash of clues become entangled, while fables bloom like algae.

Memories 
with claws, surface and roll,
crashing and smashing the naive and sincere.

Constricted 
into airless plastic bags, the exiled memories curdle.
The facade of certitude covered with crustaceans.

Into a pile of debris.
Peering out with shaded eyes, 
Good Samaritans stand on the shoreline.

The beleaguered,
yet undefeated spirits will cradle a secret all the way to the grave.
Leaving a wake of disbelief.






This weeks words for the Sunday Whirl- claws, peering, spirits, stories, apples, secret,cradle, pile, clues, exile, three, rash

9 comments:

  1. "Memories with claws, surface and roll..." Wow! There is strength in those words--they resonate deeply for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel an underlying tension in this poem, so powerfully written. I especially loved the second and third verses. Wonderful poem!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The water/sea theme and the metaphors set a somber tone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Powerful and I too loved the "memories with claws".

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the images of all things ocean.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent use of metaphor here, Teri.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Powerful and wonderful. I always savour your poems, so much imagery and depth.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you - I am amazed when these words come out and I put them here. It is a place of relief for me- to just write and let the words be. I do think though, I may need to challenge myself to allow the rest of the emotional palette to find their way to words. Teri

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome and appreciated, thanks so much for stopping by.