Sunday, March 10, 2013

March



March
Dispatching in sprees;
a temper tantrum of  snow squalls.



The visitor awakes, to March
dispatching in sprees
a temper tantrum of snow squalls.

Fearsome outsider. Torn from comfort.
Immersed in a unbending body of faded paint,
with mute and colorless skies.

A quota of snow,
lingering in the reserves of winter
falls outside the window.

Reluctantly, I add my part.
This heart is frightened.
These written words
too intimate to share.
The offering of brightness
Suffocates in the cold and airless room.
I reach to steady my heart-  
In the driveway,
outside the window
my Sunday escape waits.
Road salt covers the black paint.

Sunday Wordle #99- March 10, 2013 words:
paint, use, sprees, outsider, away, fearsome, part,reserves, body, intimate, written, window

1 comment:

  1. It is getting harder to read everyone...
    But on quiet days with blue sky humming...I try.

    I like this wordle. Familiar ring and all to how life tosses challenges.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome and appreciated, thanks so much for stopping by.