Friday, January 04, 2013

Evening Lullaby

January 4, 2013  - a small Stone and a early Sunday Whirl
Evening Lullaby  by  Teri H Hoover


The chill of evening descends within.
Venture a breath without fire or clarity
into bitter practice of the unforgiven transgressions.
The tumult lingers,awake and giddy. I cannot hear my heart.

Step away
step away
Listen
 as the rain begins to fall.





It is good to be back- happy Sunday everyone.

The words for the Sunday Whirl are: listen, giddy, tumult, breath, venture, bitter
step, practice, within, clarity, fire, awake

9 comments:

  1. I agree...Sometimes you just have to take a step back and focus...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too found myself thinking about the power of stepping away and used the words similarly... nicely done, Teri! Conscious choice exercised.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this, teri. Having the second stanza almost as a second piece of dialogue is wonderful. Different style, type of word choice, tone. Makes the poem.

    It's good to be reading you again :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We so often forget to forgive ourselves. I think hearing the rain can sooth the heart beat that we cannot hear in such times when we 'step away and listen' :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, "I cannot hear my heart." Very poignant!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, how I love the rhythm and word choice of the ending. Brava!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful, Teri. I love how you ended this, nice.

    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow, I admire those of you who can say so much with so few words - and you all came up with completely different ways to arrange them!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome and appreciated, thanks so much for stopping by.