Sunday, October 14, 2012

A Two, No Three Wordle Weekend

Sunday Wordle -October 6, 2012 
Seasons  by Teri. H  Hoover

Remember the charm of undeterred spring, exploding
into the (unacknowledged) fever of summer.

Sheathed in hazed filled recollections.
The crust of nostalgia becomes brittle only when touched. 
`
Hearts, like the willow, lift to catch the breeze.
The rustle of golden leaves,
in autumns setting sun.

We spend the turning seasons
piercing the pieces,
in the unbearable mending.
Winters sting is felt in every stitch.



NOTES and Wordle words: 

I thought I lost my the draft worlde. So I wrote a new one.  Then Brenda found my draft in her inbox. How strange.  

I write many of my poems as an email - and then send it to myself.  Last week my tablet crashed before I finished, and I thought my draft poem was lost.  Then Brenda wrote me a few days later and to say what a nice poem it was. I guess, when the tablet crashed, it sent it to her as a reply.  SO now I have two poems for last weeks words. 

Above is my second try. Below is the "lost" and unfinished original draft poem. 

The words were:charm, willows, crust, rustle, unbearable, explode, mending, fever, brittle, breeze, piercing, sheaths



Sunday Wordle -October 6, 2012 
untitled  by Teri. H  Hoover


Within this life's brittle crust
hearts like the willow lift to catch the breeze

To rustle golden leaves
in the setting sun of autumn.

The of charm of unrestrained spring
consumed in the fever of summer.




Sunday Wordle -October 14,  2012 
Failing to Breathe  by Teri. H  Hoover


Deeper than excuses found under the umbrella
of a bitter childhood.
Raindrops joined the dirt, to become
forgiven.  Mercy begins to suffocate.
The thunder vowed to stand in shifts of light.
Ready to inherit the silence.
That would wash it all away.
 




Words: umbrella, deeper, inherit, excuses, stand, become,thunder, childhood, joined, vowed, shifts, light
Notes- just wrote this and let it be.






1

25 comments:

  1. Wow...that's neat, I'm glad your poem was saved and I have to say that my favorite line is the one that you recalled and used in your new, too about the willow and hearts...beautiful.

    The last two lines stand out in your one for this week, to me, that sometimes silence is the only remedy.

    Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hannah- You are right, the line I salvaged stayed with me. I find if I do not worry about lost poems or things they reappear after awhile. Usually.

      Delete
  2. Three jewels in the same crown. Different gems.
    Funny how computers work...I wonder just how much stuff is lost or 'myst'- directed in cyber space?

    While last weeks tended towards the dark-side:
    http://julesgemsandstuff.blogspot.com/2012/10/sw-77-brief-look-back.html
    This weeks has a more gentle tone:
    http://julesgemsandstuff.blogspot.com/2012/10/sunday-whirl-78-new-recruit.html

    I've rearranged the whole she-bang on the page that says: Word List Story or As the Whirl Turns.

    I used to have a bad habit of loosing umbrellas...maybe now I know why...

    Hugs, ~J

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jules- Hope to check in on you soon. Thanks for adding more jewels to my page.

      Delete
  3. It was all destiny Teri. I love the first one, it seems to have a touch of nostalgic sadness and yet, it's wistful and hope filled, there is a feeling of a fleeting 'something' about it that is neither happy nor sad, it just is.
    Each offering is lovely but, my fav is the first. :) Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DDT- You bring to mind what I sense I am doing many times when I write. Finding the line between sadness and hope in acceptance and gratitude. Thank you for your comment.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. MMT- Yes that is apparent in your writing this week. xo teri

      Delete
  5. Love those unexplainable bits of synchronicity (even your words know they must be free to speak). Really like each one, but especially like the idea of forgiveness being found in the mud of everyday living. Thanks for sharing your experience, as well as your words,

    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for writing with us, Teri. Elizabeth says it so well...those unexplained bits of synchronicity. The line "mercy begins to suffocate" is sticking with me. Strong and precise. I love it for its inherent pain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brenda- we sure did have some synchronicity this week. Thanks for sending my poem back to me.

      Delete
  7. Wow, you shared some rich writing here. I really enjoy this stanza, which I find very uplifting and joy-filled:

    "Hearts, like the willow, lift to catch the breeze.
    The rustle of golden leaves,
    in autumns setting sun"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary- that was the stanza I wrote first and managed to hang onto. Thank you for your comment.

      Delete
  8. I enjoyed each one, Teri...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree with the others, Teri. These are gems. I love the third one the best. Glad you were able to get your poem back.

    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  10. Teri - I love your "back stories" and your poems ... all excellent. I wanted to mention that I saw a comment of yours on another site about being in line behind a woman going through security? She had a folded flag and a container which were obviously the remains of a loved one, and you were recounting the ordeal of her having to place both on the belt to be checked through security, how the woman just sobbed. I meant to write to you at the time I read this comment. How lucky I thought the woman was that you were in line behind her, even if all you could do is put your hand on her shoulder. It's things like this that the ordinary person never even considers, I don't think. I mean we know, or think we know, how awful it must be to lose someone to war - but we don't know the tiniest details or the simplest ones - like these. I wondered if you will write about this at some point? Even obliquely, it seems like something that should be told ... in any case, I just wanted to thank you for sharing that vignette. It has stuck with me and will, I think, for some time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sharon- I appreciate you taking the time to embrace my comment on (I think it was Margo's page) another blog. The moment was complete and simple, heartbreak is always so. I wonder too about writing this into completion.

      Delete
  11. ...mmmmm... rain that would wash it all away.... how poignant to please... an uplifting line... gathering gloom and releasing... absolutely lovely...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MSPie- your comments are delicious, thank you for coming by.

      Delete
  12. RYN: Yes, maybe it is time to make your own puddles and jump in. As a kid I was always such a tomboy, always outside playing, never played with dolls. (Maybe being a Cancerian) Always loved water too and so rain, puddles and I were like magnets...lol

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Teri,
    Just stopping by to comment on your wordles. I loved the last poem, absolutely gorgeous writing.
    Marianne McNamara

    This line is really spectacular:
    "Deeper than excuses found under the umbrella
    of a bitter childhood.
    Raindrops joined the dirt, to become
    forgiven."

    I also loved: "The crust of nostalgia becomes brittle only when touched."
    Very moving, very memorable!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Three for the price of one! Great stuff!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome and appreciated, thanks so much for stopping by.