Sunday, August 12, 2012

This Morning

Wordle# 67, 68,  and 69-SundayWhirl-08-12-2012 Three weeks of wordle words in one wordle...oh my
This Morning by Teri H Hoover

Narrow thoughts pitch in the curtains of curvaceous satin.
Lace shadows channel caramel colored life into the dark room.
Amidst the pile of bed covers marrow supine, slumber sublime,
the languid link to the morning frenzy begins.
Reality unwavering,
meanders in a strange attack.
Falling awake- dreams dwindle, ricochet and spin,
then settle into an invisible compass that rolls onto the deck and slides port side.
Unfocused eyes squint and strain
not seeing
past the flooded store of wayward strands of hair
she navigates into sun drenched alcoves that float away away like a helium anchor.
Grasping the rough rail of loosely woven thoughts
only to have it unravel and spring
origami dreams of unfolded and pointless maps.
A stern wind whips up the curtains with a robust
Snap!

This is my small stone and cell phone photo that was the seed for the above wordle...



 Morning whispered into the caramel colored curtains with a sigh.








Hello all -I missed the last two weeks of wordels...so I have added them to this weeks!
I wrote a small stone about waking up this morning and snapped the photo with my cell phone.
Here are three weeks worth of words:


ricochet, invisible, curvaceous, narrow, maps, lace,dwindle, spin, warp, past, flooded, alcoves

marrow, link, store, anchor, wake, navigate, stern, deck, pitch, sink, rail, port
 
wayward, falling, frenzy, attack, sublime, strange, settle, rough, channel, ball, robust, life

21 comments:

  1. So rich with beautiful adjectives creating vivid images in the mind of the reader.....I love the words 'falling awake'....a fabulous write...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I really like some of the linked words such as 'languid link' and this:
    'past the flooded store of wayward strands of hair
    she navigates into sun drenched alcoves that float away away like a helium anchor.
    Grasping the rough rail of loosely woven thoughts
    only to have it unravel and spring'
    ...is beautiful but then, all of it was.
    A truly lovely read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is my favorite line "origami dreams of unfolded and pointless maps" - I love the image, it matches dreams exactly. Nicely wordled, Teri!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Annette- Thank you very much. I find this rather ironic. I just finished reading your "Places" piece...

      Delete
  4. "curtains of curvaceous satin.
    Lace shadows channel caramel colored life into the dark room."

    I really like all those 'C' words.

    Nicely done.
    I'm here:
    http://julesgemsandstuff.blogspot.com/2012/08/sw-69-acheron-9-for-both-b.html
    Gotta explore all the characters...

    ReplyDelete
  5. You made a delicious feast of all of these words. From beginning to end this is a rich enticing banquet. Really liked "origami dreams" but the whole piece is so satisfying to the senses. Absolutely delightful in so many ways. What a task you set yourself, but then fulfilled it with such seeming ease. Congratulations!

    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elizabeth- You make me think through my poem. I know now that I had nothing but sensory perceptions that morning- I am glad that I had my cell phone next to the bed. ( I use my phones "speech recognition" feature and babble my words as they occur into my phone- technology is wonderful!)

      Delete
  6. Love this, Teri... especially:

    Unfocused eyes squint and strain
    not seeing
    past the flooded store of wayward strands of hair
    she navigates into sun drenched alcoves that float away away like a helium anchor

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laurie- thanks so much - this was a lot of fun to write... the extra words were a big help!

      Delete
  7. Holy cow! Thirty six words, and you rock it. I love this Teri. It is a beautiful write! I love what Laurie loves (I just read her comment...ha!). And I LOVE the photo. What a beautiful room to wake up to...the quilt is gorgeous in that light.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brenda - I just had to get caught up... it was actually nice having all those extra words!

      Delete
  8. Wow! 36 words, Teri. This is wonderful. It is nice to see you back.

    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pamela- It was actually not any harder... I found having more words to work with kind of nice. It is great to be back!

      Delete
  9. So seamlessly and beautifully written, I don't even want to pick a favorite image. Love it, Teri.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sara- It was fun to run with that groggy feeling. But I am thankful that I don't always wake up in such a stupor.

      Delete
  10. Teri, the photo is the very image that came to mind reading your words. You have expressed it very well. Love this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Walt - that is so nice of you to let me know my words filled into the image. As a photographer I have had great trepidation about being able to find words. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  11. RYN: My muse was on a mission.... Made me giggle.. thank you Teri :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome and appreciated, thanks so much for stopping by.