Sunday, April 22, 2012

weather to waking

 Wordle#53-Sunday Whirl-04-22-2012
weather to waking  by Teri H Hoover

 I wake to a silent cacophony 
of thoughts in my head.  


Two hundred miles to the west 
an impending coda of thunderheads, ferment along the hillsides of Kentucky.
Aching their way over the landscape, in dragon shaped clouds and mist.

There on the window sill, a half hearted shaft of shimmering sunshine
folds itself into an origami shadow
and in exquisite leap, falls gently into a dirty sock.


Thoughts aimless, become unthreaded tangles,
shelved liked sequins in the sheets.
Spangling,  hypnotic.

Sleep ethereal, returns and holds me dangling. 

I fall like a splash, startling my dog.
I rub sleep from my eyes
and shimmy from beneath the covers 
into a clap of thunder. 



Hey all, I will be away from the computer today- so I will swing by everyone's writing tomorrow. I look forward to your comments. Have a great day.

The words for the first anniversary  edition of the Sunday Whirl- THANK YOU Brenda-
cacophony, aches, exquisite, abstract, shelved, ferment, dragon, coda, shimmy, origami, spangling, dragon, ethereal

\



Another start- that I did not to throw away. 


 A red dragon, unshedding his scales in the middle of the kitchen.
Appalled, the  old woman  waved her wand and shelved him for the day. 
Wings folded into an origami sunrise


 



14 comments:

  1. Wonderful, so full of marvellous imagery. I love the half hearted shaft of simering sunshine - beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrific beginning enjoyed the "silent cacaphony" and the general movement throughout the whole poem! Enjoy the day:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely, Teri. I especially like-

    a half hearted shaft of shimmering sunshine
    folds itself into an origami shadow


    ...and keep that second one b/c you might find use for it in another piece. (I do that)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too like the image of the "half-hearted sunshine folded into origami shadow." Beautiful Teri !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the second stanza. I like the whole thing, your imagery and original use of the words, but that second stanza is gorgeous.

    Like Laurie says, never throw anything away.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What lovely, light, ethereal images, despite the thunder in the distance. I loved the 'leap, falls into a dirty sock' and, the 'origami shadow'

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love "silent cacophony", so descriptive! And I love the alternative start; with "Wings folded into an origami sunrise", wonderful! Well done, Teri!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Teri, that second stanza is wonderful, I agree with Margo. Nicely written.

    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful! And I love the other start that you didn't throw away! That has the makings of quite a story I am sure!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Teri, I love both pieces, truly. This is my favorite image, "Aching their way over the landscape, in dragon shaped clouds and mist."
    Although that dragon in the kitchen is mighty fine, too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely, in particular the "silent cacophony" - I love oxymoronic truths ... and yes, keep the second for another time; it's fabulous

    http://aleapingelephant.blogspot.ca/2012/04/coda-of-crows-dragons-angels-and-swans.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. captured by the beginning as well. That silence has awakened me many times

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sleep ethereal, returns and holds me dangling. - does that to me all the time!

    Oh you must continue the second verse...Even if you don't I like it just as a stone capturing the magic of a sunrise.
    Mine is here:
    http://julesgemsandstuff.blogspot.com/2012/04/sugar-and-spice.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for all the kind comments. My apologies for the group hug... my internet connection is not letting me my normal replies. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome and appreciated, thanks so much for stopping by.