Wednesday, January 25, 2012

return to normal

January 25, 2012- Small Stones   
return to normal by  Teri H Hoover



Like a deflated balloon, 
the house is suddenly calm and quiet.
Scattered dog toys,
an exhausted dog 
and one off-kilter human, 
surround themselves with sunshine.
Things return to normal. 



Note: Yesterday while walking my black lab Pepper- we found a little terrier running loose on a busy street near my home. I easily caught him while he sniffed my dog. Tying my my purple scarf to his harness I brought him home. There was no collar, no ID info and no microchip. (I took him to the vet to have him scanned- they need a phone app for that!!! ). So we spent the afternoon yesterday making signs and posting; "DOG FOUND" notices on Facebook, Craig's List and notifying all the dog agencies in town. Happily after less than 24 hours later the owner contacted me through Craig's list.  PLEASE if you have an animal have proper up to date ID with a phone number on your pet.  

4 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm so glad the owner showed up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kudos to you for your wonderful effort!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done, and I'm glad the owner showed up! You create such a vivid image of what it was like to have that dog there :-) Our dog has a microchip, such an important precaution.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bless you for caring enough to bring the dear creature to your home, then make the effort to find the owner. What a happy ending!

    I am glad that you are surrounded with sunshine :-)xx

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome and appreciated, thanks so much for stopping by.