Friday, December 23, 2011

full house

December 23, 2011- Small Stones
full house   by  Teri H Hoover


A house chimney stands immovable,
amongst clouds masquerading as smoke.
Like children losing interest; 
they twirl and tumble, 
Bump and scatter.
.


Process notes: Upon waking; still lying in bed I look out the window to see  clouds swirling around my neighbors chimney, in the lovely morning light.  So I wrote the first two lines. It seemed unfinished because I wanted to say more about the clouds and how they seemed like children to me. It was not until mid morning, when my grown children and their spouses started gathering in the kitchen. I was drawn to remembering how, when small, they bounced and twirled. Then I was able to finish my small stone.


2 comments:

  1. And a fine smooth stone it is...
    Most of our family gathers tonight here, then in a couple of days there, and then on the New Year at anothers. Glad we are close enough, most of us. Best to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw- Jules - thank you for stopping by- what a special surprise! You know I am sending you and yours blessings for the rest of this Christmas season. xo teri

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome and appreciated, thanks so much for stopping by.