Tuesday, November 15, 2011

scattered connections

November 15, 2011- Small Stones 
scattered  connections  by  Teri H Hoover
  `

Walking through drizzle, I see her.
She stands looking puzzled 

on her porch.
She waves me toward her.

She wants to pet my dog.
I approach, 

admiring the magnificent red carpet of freshly fallen leaves. 
She pets my dog, warily keeping one eye on all those leaves.

     
"It's never done this before."


Bewildered I look again at the tree standing in the rain.
Maybe she saw something else.
`

Blacksburg, Va- Nov 15 2011

Afterword: 
I spoke with the elderly woman's daughter the next day. 
She said her mother will fret until all those leaves are picked up.

6 comments:

  1. Even the old can see something new! This is a thought-provoking piece, and the picture is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great poem. The photo makes it perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How I miss the fallen leaves of Autumn, *sigh*, this is lovely and the photo breathtaking.

    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  4. Libby- thank you. This woman reminded me to fret less over things that could be beautiful...if we let them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mike- Thank you for stopping by and leaving your comment. I do love to add photos to my pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Flaubert- This poor woman was really in a tizzy over these leaves- I thought they were absolutely gorgeous! I have sent you a autumn photo- enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome and appreciated, thanks so much for stopping by.