Tuesday, November 08, 2011

fogged in


`
He stood at the stove cooking onions and meat, and the room filled with greasy smoke.
Meanwhile my brain, overcome with exhaustion, was sucking my eyelids towards my chin.
The smoke gave the additional dimension of actual fogginess to complete my brains delirium.



The story behind this is I have a house guest who likes to cook. He was in the midst of making dinner and smoke begum to fill up the kitchen.  It  was not until he ask me where the button was for the exhaust fan was that I realized that the kitchen was full of smoke.  
That was a fun prompt- thanks Kathy!

`

2 comments:

  1. A vignette that engages of the senses. Also, how lucky that someone likes to cook! I see that you're still doing the small stones, Teri.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barb- I am very lucky to be blessed with lots of cooks in my life. I may someday learn a bit how to do it myself. I do make a great chili. And yes I started "small stones" in January and have just kept going.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome and appreciated, thanks so much for stopping by.