Monday, September 26, 2011

lists

September 26, 2011- Small Stones
lists by  Teri H Hoover
Prompted by Mindful Writing Prompt #13: To Do Lists- by A~Lotus



Late...
without a clock it does not matter.
Well done - sometimes. Beautiful even in the messes.

The pressure of what I have not done -like a wet bag of sand.
I leave it behind and walk my dog.
Feeling better I start again...
And for a moment am distracted by loveliness,
I pick up my camera,
I find some words,
I make some pickles,
I plant a flower,
I snuggle my dog,
I remember I am loved,
I breathe.

 
The personal admonishments that say,
"it is not enough- "
wait in the pile of to do lists that sits next to my phone.

1 comment:

  1. ...and some days, it not only IS enough - it's all we can do!

    I know Type A personalities who have NO to-do list, because it's already all done. They are miserable. They push the dog away when it wants to snuggle. The flip side of a beautifully articulated coin, Teri! Amy
    http://sharplittlepencil.wordpress.com/2011/09/27/portrait-of-great-grandpa-and-mom/

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome and appreciated, thanks so much for stopping by.