Friday, August 19, 2011

an easy surrender

August 19, 2011 Small Stones.
An Easy Surrender  by Teri H Hoover


Huckleberry Trail, Blacksburg VA- Aug 19, 2011
 in the vast places 
among the waves of clouds
my heart sings.


Today upon this footpath my heart fell open to that place of blessing- the one that carries the surrendered soul. One look at those clouds and I disappear like vapor. Clouds and oceans, and deserts- 
spaces too large for me to hold.

I fall into the embrace of being. 
Unbound 
by the grief of what I have not done. 
My body sighs with relief- not remembering what I need to forget.  
Safe within the two mile circle I walk with my dog.  




8 comments:

  1. A small sigh - of enjoyment of your stone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so wonderful, thank you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely, a walk to praise.

    So glad to find your site, but as they say, any friend of Margo's . . .
    http://thepoetsquill.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Viv- sigh ... that is what ones does when one finds it. Thank for stopping by and leaving a comment. xo teri

    ReplyDelete
  5. Libby -I liked writing this piece too... it is nice when that happens... thank you for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  6. M&P- So very glad to have your quill leave a comment here- I am glad Margo finds such nice people. xo teri

    ReplyDelete
  7. Augggh! I hate when I write a long comment and then I am told I am not signed in and the comment is swallowed somewhere! The second never quite carries the original's weight, but I'll try.
    I knew there was a reason we clicked so firmly from the start: clouds and oceans and deserts, especially oceans and deserts. Of all aspects of nature they pull at me the strongest.
    I love the deceptive simplicity of the stone. Those few words make the singing that much more joyous and then to follow with the structure you have, carries us into the walk. I love it.

    margo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thankyou Teri, for tiptoing in my blog while I slept! You visit was very welcome indeed and led me to your beautiful words and pictures.xx

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome and appreciated, thanks so much for stopping by.