Wednesday, August 24, 2011

distractions in my window

August 24, 2011 Small Stones.
distractions in my window  by Teri H Hoover


 Steppin' Out Summer Festival- Blacksburg,VA- Aug 6, 2011


If you have a window that is covered
with distractions
you will not be able to see out of it.



Not much of a Small Stone - but be that as it may- this photo is a the result of a art prompt over on OzStuff-Three Muses Challenge-... the prompt was windows. There are three windows in this fun little photo - I labeled them just in case there is any question. This goes along with my nature to sometimes overstate the obvious and it added just the right amount of "where's Waldoism-ness" (ah spell check you are no fun at all) . I hope you like whimsy because I may be heading that way once in a while now that The Wedding is over and I cannot keep up with posting my writing. (Side thought... How is I was able to write and post all the way up and through the wedding? And now I am writing just as much - I know you were worried -but not getting it posted?? ) 

So I am doing the "let's do something new" when I "should" be working on __________fill in the blank- tell me that is ok...




12 comments:

  1. Wonderful photo. The colors just pop.
    I laughed about you labeling the windows:) I was expecting to see #'s 1, 2, & 3.

    Paulette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous artwork! So beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow- what wonderful festive windows indeed- this piece just pulsates with color and life!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your colourful art is so happy and gives such a wonderful feel of LOTS OF FUN at that festival!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous, Teri, and you have been missed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW- I have some thanks to express-!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Paulette- I thank you for your visit and comment. Numbering would have been really fun--- drat! I did however label one item "not a window"- I wonder if you happened to see that? Hope to see you again soon-

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gayle-Thank you- I enjoyed taking a break from other things to make something fun.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you Laurie - The original photo was fun- but once I got it into photoshop it just kept crying out for more color.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lizabethem- Thanks for stopping by- It is indeed a fun little festival- It has been happening every summer since the 1980's!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Taluula- Thank you ! I hope I can join you on a regular basis again!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Teri, what a great photo! Captures whimsy and the playful part of imagination :)

    I'm having that same sort of thing going on here- how is it that on a busy vacation I can keep up with writing and posting and now, at home, kids off to school and so on I am not able to post as much? One of those paradoxes of life I suppose. Time is relative.

    Love this post :)

    kris

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome and appreciated, thanks so much for stopping by.