Sunday, June 19, 2011

the wait

Blacksburg Va, June 18, 2011

June 18, 2011 small stone

The weight 
The sum my fears 
hung around my neck.

My confessions and tears filled the hem of my skirt.
`
June 18, 2011 Large stone


The weight hung around my neck while I smiled for them. 
Such a lovely thing-  look...
too lovely
too heavy 
too long
too much
too big
much too big
too close to the edge for me.
I began to drift out the closed glass window
and was turned away.
As I dimmed the clouds thickened-
the wind of each word spun leaves past the window and 
reckless imbalance into my thoughts.
 with my tears came sideways torrents of rain 
that gashed the against anything in my way.
I held everyone captive as I grasped clumsily for a rickety banister of words.
She lingered by the window for a moment while he looked on.
Both wanted to understand- 
I think they did in the end.

I needed a tissue - but my dress hem was all I found.


`






No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome and appreciated, thanks so much for stopping by.